Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Yesterday, Today and Forever/Who are Your neighbors

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.


Such a simple statement and think about it. The Lord is the same yesterday , today and forever. There is no question , no confusion.


Growing up as  Jehovah Witness, there was always confusion , there beliefs change often. When they have a change of a certain belief they will announce in a publication that the have received "new light" from Jehovah through his organization of the Governing Body out of New York.


I can remember growing up and the Jehovahs Witnesses had predicted Armageddon was going to happen in 1975, my father went around telling everyone that his daughter ( me ) would never start school. Well, I am now 45, completed school , college,5 kids, and 2 grandkids. JW's believe that Christ had already returned and that the generation of 1914 would never pass away . Well if that's the case Armageddon should have already came and went because the generation of 1914 would be well over there 100's. Which now makes me pose the question and wonder what is their belief and meaning  of what is a generation?  And as I recall, the bible tells us we know not the day nor the hour that Christ will return , but JW's believe he has already returned.This example is just one of few confusing and ever changing beliefs of Jehovah Witnesses.


                                                          



A few weeks while at church the preacher who preached Pastor Rodney Ricketts said something that just put things into just real time for me . He said 2+2 was 4 yesterday , I think its still 4 today and I truly believe 2+2 will be 4 tomorrow correct .. well that's how that the Lord is what he said yesterday he means today and it will mean the same tomorrow. An analogy that just hit me like a tin of rocks. I am Thankful for Mercy Baptist Church and a Pastor such as Alan Lawson who preaches solid on Gods word as is , not waiting for "new light" and a wife Teresa who walks by his side and you have raised a beautiful daughter Ali who I have come to adore so much . . You all mean so much to me and The lord is working with me to be more faithful to the church .


I once had a conversation with my father and as I have mentioned before, if you are not grounded in your belief , do not ever get into a conversation with a JW , they will have you twisted like a pretzel in 13 seconds. Knowing this , I knew how I could speak with my father. I proposed this analogy: We know that when Noah built the arc it took him many years , he followed every direction that the Lord gave him on faith , without understanding what this supposed rain stuff was . But after 30 years of building this boat , what if  God said "You know what Noah, Ive got "new light"for you , instead of pine wood, Ive decided oak wood would be better, can you start over" Now, can you imagine the  confusion Noah would have had , perhaps  disheartened,  perhaps just wanting to quit...
                                                             



Which now brings me to my question Who are your neighbors? I have to say Mark and I have been blessed to have such wonderful neighbors. We have lived beside them the past 5 years Pastor Doug and Mary Sue Brown and Martha Startup.. When I thought how that God is the same today ,yesterday and forever I couldn't help but think of my neighbors.


My husband always taught our 4 boys "you always treat your girlfriend, fiance' wife like you would treat your mother . If you wouldn't grope your mother, don't grope your g/f or wife, if you wouldn't call your mother names don't call your g/f or wife names.


So over the past 5 years , I have watched my neighbors be consistent in their walk of life. Mary Sue is an educator at one of our private Christian Schools and Pastor Doug is a full time Pastor. Every morning , Im usually sitting outside very early trying to catch a good pic of the sunrise so I have been able to watch the Brown's walk. Usually Pastor Brown is also trying to catch that sunrise picture, then Mary Sue is heading out the door to start her day . Every morning for the past 5 years I have watched him help carry out Mary Sue's bags , coffee cup and give her a kiss every morning and I even hear them say I love you . Everyday , Pastor Brown is visiting the ill or dying or preparing for his services, Everyday we see him go to Ingles and pick up some diet coke and something for dinner. Every Wed and Sunday we see them preparing for church and the same goes for Mary Sue's sister Martha who lives right next door. She is a Physical Therapist , so every morning she is consistent with walking her dog Sophie and every after noon she carries over her plate to get some food for whatever Doug has made for that day . They all take care of Mrs. Brown ( Dougs mother who is up in age )  and they have a raised a God fearing young lady Bethany.  A few years ago , our community lost a couple of young boys in a lake accident , Ill never forget seeing Martha and Mary Sue out in the front yard embracing one another crying and praying.. Now they also give us many laughs, they are so busy that occasionally they lock them selves outside, lock their keys in their car, one time they went off and left and the back door was open we didn't know what had happened and we had called the police  because we didn't know if someone had broke in .. nope .. Martha had just forgot to close the door ..lol.. we get tickled at them every Spring because they start a beautiful garden but by the end of the season , well... its not as beautiful as it started ..lol..


My husband has always said "You can judge  a mans character when he thinks no one is looking" For My neighbors Pastor Brown , Mary Sue and Martha , your character has been judged and we couldn't have been blessed to have better neighbors. Teresa and Alan Ricketts your character has been judged when you haven't known Ive been watching. Continue  to pray for me , Mark and my family

No comments:

Post a Comment